Saturday, February 27, 2010

hello world wide web, i'm holly

So I got sucked in too.
I am always very hesitant for people to read what I write.....I figured out that that mindset would not work if i wanted to be a writer. So I'm going out of my comfort zone. This will be such a good training tool, and I have already received many creative topics. I won't do many of them justice. I find that when there is a certain subject that I am wanting to write about I get overzealous and over-think something. Then when I write it out, it just looks like I am either trying rally hard to be deep on a level that no one can reach or I just do not know what I'm talking about.
I will try to write as often as I can, but school is pretty pressing right now. My English teachers (are off their rocker, which some of you can relate to) think that their class is reasonable. All of the topics presented to me are ones that I want to explore, and it will take me some time to formulate good essays/ articles/ whatnot.
I hope that through this blog, maturation can be seen through my writings- some of it will most likely sound like a 17-year-old seeing as, surprise!, I'm 17. I'm putting myself out there and, even though it's only to my family, it's still a little intimidating.
There's this quote by Joseph Heller (I've never read Catch 22) and he says: "Every writer I know has trouble writing."
I'm planning on having trouble, but that's why I'm depending on my excellent 17 person judges panel to steer me right.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your courage. It *is* intimidating to put your writing out there, but ya know Eleanor Roosevelt said that every day you should do one thing that you're afraid of.

    So be intimidated. Be afraid, even. But you go right ahead, girl.

    I'll be tuning in for more.

    ReplyDelete